To attend PreK at Uplift Education, a child must be age 3-1/2 by September 1 of the current school year. Uplift Pre-Kindergarten is a state-funded public program and is free to qualified applicants. Certain requirements must be met to be eligible to attend PreK at an Uplift school, and documents must be submitted to verify eligibility.
Acceptance to an Uplift PreK program follows 3 simple steps:
- RECEIVE NOTICE VIA EMAIL THAT YOUR CHILD'S NAME HAS BEEN DRAWN IN THE LOTTERY.
- PreK lottery is separate from the general lottery for Uplift and is sent out around April 1.
- Lottery selection is not a guarantee of eligibility or acceptance.
- COMPLETE REGISTRATION ONLINE AND SUBMIT ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS.
- Click here to learn about the registration process.
- If you have any questions on enrollment, please contact the Family Engagement Coordinator at your campus.
- UPLIFT WILL CONTACT YOU TO ATTEND AN ELIGIBILITY MEETING TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR A STATE-FUNDED UPLIFT PRE-K PROGRAM. One or more of the following eligibility requirements must be met to qualify:
- Child in an economically disadvantaged household
- Provide a paycheck stub or a SNAP letter to verify. Visit our FAQ page for more info on income verification documents.
- See section below for Head Start qualification
- Child living in homelessness.
- Provide a residency questionnaire.
- Child of an active, deceased, or injured member of the United States armed forces.
- Military ID required to be shown (will not be copied)
- Child in state foster care
- Provide foster form or letter of eligibility from Department of Family & Protective Services (DFPS)
- Child has a parent or official guardian who has been granted or is eligible for the Star of Texas Award
- Provide certificate or nomination form.
- Child with limited English proficiency
- Must be verified through testing which will be administered at a later date.
Our spots fill quickly, so make your best effort to attend your school’s eligibility meeting if drawn in the lottery.